Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award Criteria
Nominate a GNWT employee for the Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award today! Click here to download the nomination form.
The Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of individuals who have served 20 years or more in the Government of the Northwest Territories public service. The goal of this award is to recognize individuals who have committed their careers to public service.
These individuals have made significant contributions throughout their careers either directly through their actions or indirectly through their guidance at the department or public-service level by leveraging outstanding personal qualities paired with exceptional skills.
The successful candidates must meet and are evaluated on all of the following criteria:
- Served twenty years or more in the GNWT Public Service and have been an employee of the GNWT during the previous 12 months
- Made a significant contribution to public service through outstanding performance and a positive impact on public service delivery in the NWT
- Consistently shown outstanding dedication in their work while maintaining a high level of commitment to public-service values and ethics, such as respect for others, integrity, and professionalism
- Demonstrated their contribution through leadership and transparency
- Served as a role model and inspiration for other employees in their dedication to excellence and advised, trained, or coached others in a way that motivates colleagues to excel
* Candidates will be evaluated by a selection committee established by the Secretary to Cabinet that includes at least one individual not currently in the public service and recipients will be recommended to the Premier.
Anyone can nominate a candidate for a Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award. Recipients are nominated through an online nomination form available to everyone. 2018 Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award nomination deadline is Friday, October 5, 2018. Please submit all nominations to email@example.com. Employees are not permitted to nominate themselves. Deputy Heads are eligible for this award.
One person will be selected annually for this prestigious award. Candidates receive their award during the annual Premier’s Awards for Excellence ceremony. The award recipient will receive a written congratulations and a non-cash award to mark the occasion. Congratulatory notes may be signed by the Premier, include a description of the accomplishment, and be copied to the GNWT employee's personnel file. This award is funded by the Department of Executive and Indigenous Affairs.
Strategic Human Resources is the Strategic Human Resources Division of the Department of Finance.
Non-cash awards means awards excluding cash or items that are equivalent to cash such as stocks, bonds, raw precious metals and gift certificates.
Authorities and References
FAM Policy 2004
Extending and Accepting Hospitality, Gifts and Other Benefits, January 2003
FAM Policy 2005
Promotional Material, January 2003