What we do
The Management Board Secretariat (MBS) supports the operations of the Financial Management Board (FMB), and is also responsible for the GNWT’s budget, planning and reporting cycle.
Our work includes
- Administering the business and budget planning processes and related operational commitments, including the corporate capital planning process, development of the Main Estimates, accounting and financial systems, controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding departments’ requests for additional funding.
- Facilitating the integration of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) into departmental operational and reporting practices.
- Providing advice and support to departments across a range of evaluation-related activities including program design, performance measures and monitoring, evaluation and capacity building.
- Fostering consistency and accountability in the areas of program development, data collection and evaluation to ensure the development and delivery of effective, efficient programs and services that meet the needs of NWT residents.
GNWT employees can find resources for FMB submissions, as well as MBS tools for planning and evaluation on BearNet.