What we do
The Fiscal Policy Division is responsible for providing research, analysis and recommendations on the fiscal policies of the GNWT.
Some of our work
monitoring economic conditions as they affect the government's fiscal position;
providing macroeconomic research and policy advice;
- providing analysis and advice on Canadian and NWT tax policies;
- monitoring and advising on intergovernmental fiscal relations, especially Territorial Formula Financing arrangements;
- preparing the annual budget address;
- providing technical support for the Minister and Deputy Minister of Finance in federal-provincial-territorial discussions; and
- representing the GNWT on intergovernmental Finance committees.