What we do
The Strategic Human Resources Division is responsible for leading government-wide human resource management.
Some of our work
The Business Performance unit is responsible for:
- Identifying, consolidating, measuring, and reporting information relevant to strategic, operational, and transactional human resources goals; and
- Supporting continuous improvement of departmental service delivery and performance through targeted reviews, recommendations and initiatives.
The Diversity and Inclusion unit is responsible for:
- Oversees the development, evaluation and management of diversity and Inclusion strategies, initiatives and programs;
- Coordinates and supports the Indigenous Employees Advisory Committee (IEAC);
- Coordinates and supports the GNWT Advisory Committee and Employability (GACE); and
- Provides strategic advice, consultation and support to Department relating to their diversity and inclusion goals.
The Job Evaluation and Organizational Design unit is responsible for:
- Ensuring the maintenance of the principle of equal pay for work of equal value by ensuring fair evaluations of GNWT positions using the Hay Method of job evaluation;
- Ensuring access to general information on the Hay Method of job evaluation;
- Maintaining official GNWT organization charts for use by management;
- Supporting management by providing a variety of organizational design services;
- Providing training on job description writing across GNWT;
- Maintaining public organizational charts and job information content on the position and salary information website.
The Employee Development and Workforce Planning unit is responsible for:
- managing the development and implementation of government-wide human resource management programs;
- providing specialized recruitment advice; and
- planning and implementation of specialized recruitment programs, strategies and initiatives.