What we do
The NWT Bureau of Statistics is responsible for the collection, development and dissemination of statistics required by the Government of the Northwest Territories.
Some of our work
To fulfill this role, the Bureau of Statistics:
- produces community population estimates and projections by age, sex and ethnicity;
- provides statistical advice and expertise;
- develops and maintains statistical models including input-output and occupational demand models;
- collects, analyzes and disseminates data; and
- represents territorial statistical interests within the national statistical system.