How do I submit an invoice to the GNWT?
Financial and Employee Shared Services (FESS) is responsible for processing and issuing payment for all invoices from vendors for goods or services provided to all GNWT departments and the NWT Housing Corporation.
What information do I need to include on my invoice?
The GNWT accepts Accounts Payable invoices generated by an accounting system or receipt book. Your invoice must include:
- a unique invoice or reference number;
- a number for a purchase order, service contract, construction contract, air charter, local contract authority, or work order;
- your company’s legal name and remitting address;
- a clear description of what goods or services you are charging for (and supporting backup, if necessary);
- the date the goods or services were provided;
- the date of the invoice; and
- the name of the department (or the NWT Housing Corporation) that will be responsible for the cost of the goods or service.
How do I submit my invoice?
FESS should be the first point of contact when forwarding all invoices for payment.
While all GNWT departments and the NWT Housing Corporation are responsible for the costs of goods and services they acquire, Financial and Employee Shared Services (FSS) is responsible for processing these invoices and issuing payments.
You may choose one of the following options for sending in invoices:
- You can email your invoice to email@example.com; or
- You can drop off or mail your invoice to the Financial Shared Service Centre closest to you:
North Slave Region (Headquarters)
Bag Service 1511
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2R3
Drop off: 3rd floor YK Centre
Beaufort Delta Region
Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Drop off: 3rd Floor, 106 Veterans Way
Bag Service 1300
Norman Wells, NT X0E 0V0
Drop off: #8 Town Square
South Slave Region
PO Box 1230
Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0
Drop off: 182B MCDougal Road
South Slave Region
62 Woodland Dr.
2nd Floor Wright Bldg.
Hay River, NT X0E 1G1
Drop off: Suite 211, 62 Woodland Drive
PO Box 440
Fort Simpson, NT X0E 0N0
Drop off: 2nd floor, Education Building
Can I receive payment from the GNWT online?
The GNWT offers Direct Deposit service for vendors. In order to receive payment via direct deposit:
- Fill out a Direct Deposit form and provide financial institution (banking) information.
- Provide your email address to receive notification of payment (direct deposits only).
Once you have been set up for Direct Deposit, you will begin receiving payments directly into your bank account. You will receive an email notification indicating the payment details.