Liquor and Cannabis Programs and Services

Choose a category to filter
An NWT Liquor Licence is required for businesses that sell or serve liquor.
An Extension allows a licence holder to sell or serve liquor under specific circumstances that would normally be prohibited.
NWT liquor permits are required if you plan to serve or sell alcohol at an event or use liquor for a medicinal, scientific or special purpose.
Get information on the Government's work related to Cannabis legislation.
The goal of the NWT Liquor Enforcement is to reduce liquor-related threats to public safety such as service to minors and excessive intoxication
The Liquor Revolving Fund provides working capital to finance the operations of the Liquor Licensing Board, the Liquor Commission and the administration and enforcement of the Liquor Act.
The NWT Liquor Licensing Board publishes a newsletter to keep licence and permit holders informed.
Government of the Northwest Territories
The Northwest Territories Liquor Commission promotes a healthy and responsible attitude towards beverage alcohol consumption.