The following information is for GNWT Department and NWT Housing Corporation employees.
The System for Accountability & Management (SAM) is the financial system for the Government of the Northwest Territories and a part of the broader Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system built on Oracle’s PeopleSoft platform.
How To Access SAM for Duty Travel: Employee Self-Service (for Travel and Expenses)
To obtain a SAM User ID, email a request to the Sam Help Desk. As part of this request, please include your Department name and Employee ID. Once a User ID has been created, you will receive generic access that is limited to the Employee Self Service module (for Travel and Expense reimbursement).
- Only users with a SAM User ID may access the GNWT’s financial system.
- The SAM Help Desk will send you a service request number once they assign the work to a SAM Security officer. The SAM Security officer will respond to your service request for a SAM User ID and password, usually within 24 hours.
Upon your first login, you will be required to change your initial password immediately. Please note the following password standards:
- Your password cannot match your User ID
- The minimum length of a password is 8 characters
- The password must contain at least 2 numbers or digits
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Passwords expire every 90 days
- Your account will be locked after 5 unsuccessful attempts
- You will receive a password expiry notification 14 days prior to expiry date
Forgotten Password Question
Please set up the Forgotten Password Question in SAM by navigating to the My System Profile link at the bottom of the Menu, then click change or set up forgotten password help link. Choose your security question from the drop-down box and provide your response.
How To Get Help With SAM
If you have questions specific to SAM (password resets, incorrect access, SAM error messages, etc.) please contact the SAM Help Desk at:
Phone (internal): (867) 767-9172, extension 15453
Phone (external): (867) 767-9129
SAM HelpDesk hours of operation are from Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 12:00pm and from 1:00pm to 5:00pm MST.
Or, visit the SAM Portal here.
SAM user manuals, information, forms, and documents
PLEASE NOTE: When logging into SharePoint, some employees may be prompted with a login box. Please use CORP\ before your username and then enter your network email login and password.