The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) offers Direct Deposit service.
Who is eligible for Direct Deposit:
- Government entities
- Students who receive financial assistance; and businesses and individuals who receive payments such as vendor payments and grants or contribution payments
- Employees who receive non-salary payments, such as travel advances, travel expense reimbursements, professional dues reimbursements, etc.
Through Direct Deposit, payees will receive money faster and with greater efficiency. This service is provided free of charge.
Benefits of Direct Deposit include:
- Elimination of delivery disruptions or lost mailings
- Elimination of time spent depositing and checking payments
- Payment in your account and available on the due date
Notification of payment may be received via Email
Notifications include the same information as provided on a cheque stub.
For Customers paying the GNWT
If you already use online banking, you can now set up the GNWT as a vendor or "payee" to submit your payments on line. When paying you'll need to provide your customer account number and the invoice number of the bill being paid. These details are found on the top of the invoice or statement.