Liquor Licensing Board
The Liquor Licensing Board is given authority to issue licences and permits, and is assigned responsibility for the regulation of licence holders and permit holders, and the operations of licensed premises and manufacturing facilities.
The power of the Board (Liquor Act s. 4. (2)
Subject to the NWT Liquor Act, the Board may
- advise the Minister on matters of policy, legislation and administration relating to liquor;
- engage the services of such experts and professionals as the Board considers necessary for the proper conduct of its business;
- make rules governing its proceedings;
- establish policies of the Board; and
- make decisions and orders.