Financial Reporting and Collections

Financial Reporting and Collections endeavors to bring professionalism, credibility, compassion, integrity, respectability, privacy, and honesty to Government of the Northwest Territories debt collection process. The following information is for debtors who may require assistance in cleaning up outstanding accounts.

Financial Reporting & Collections Contact Information

  • Collection Accounts - by last name: 
    • A - G: 867-767-9171 ext 15088
    • H - O: 867-767-9181 ext 15091
    • P - Z: 867-767-9171 ext 15089
  • All Student Loan Files over $10K:
    • 867-767-9171, extension 15087

General Contact Information:

Methods of Payment Accepted:

  • Visa
  • Mastercard
  • Bank Draft
  • Money Orders
  • Personal Cheques
  • Online Banking
  • Debit Card or Cash at Financial Shared Services Offices
  • Pre-Authorized Debits – Student Loans Only

Related Forms

Household Financial Statement Form

Personal Information Disclosure Authorization Form

Pre-Authorized Payment Form for Student loans ONLY

When you have questions regarding any of the following types of debts please contact the number listed below:

  • Property Tax Debt: 867-767-9177, extension 15271
  • Payroll Tax Debt: 867-767-9177, extension 15276
  • Tobacco Tax Debt: 867-767-9177, extension 15273
  • Fuel Tax Debt: 867-767-9177, extension 15274

Helpful Links

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What do I do if I didn’t receive a copy of my outstanding account?

  • If you did not receive a copy of your outstanding account contact Financial Reporting & Collections to request a copy of the outstanding invoice or loan.

2. What do I do if I want to dispute my account?

  • To dispute your account, contact Financial Reporting & Collections and provide details of the dispute including any substantiation you may have.

3. What do I do when I can’t pay my account in full?

  • If you cannot pay your account in full by the due date, contact Financial Reporting & Collections to discuss repayment options and avoid serious collection action.

4. What do I need to include when submitting my Household Financial Statement?

  • When submitting your Household Financial Statement you must include substantiation. Acceptable forms of documents are bills, statements, receipts, and paystubs.

5. What do I do when I receive a call from the Collection Agency?

  • If you receive a call from a collection agency we encourage you to discuss repayment options with them to have the outstanding account paid.  Once accounts are transferred to the collection agency you will be required to deal with them directly. If you want the agency to cease calling permanently you must put that request in writing, provide them your legal address where they can contact you, and submit it to the collection agency either by fax, mail, or email.

6. What do I do when I receive a letter from the Canada Revenue Agency?

  • If you receive a letter from the Canada Revenue Agency contact Financial Reporting & Collections for details. When contacting Financial Reporting & Collection, please ensure you have the name of the program for which you have been reported.  The name of the program can be found in the body of the letter you received.

7. Who do I notify if a customer is deceased?

  • Notify Financial Reporting & Collections if the individual owing the outstanding account is deceased. Financial Reporting & Collections will need to obtain documentation and information from you.

8. Who do I notify if I have filed bankruptcy or a consumer proposal?

  • If you have an outstanding account owing to the Government of the Northwest Territories and have filed bankruptcy or a consumer proposal you must ensure your Trustee remits the documentation to Financial Reporting & Collections.