What we do
The Strategic Human Resources Division is responsible for leading government-wide human resource management.
Some of our work
The Business Performance unit is responsible for:
- Identifying, consolidating, measuring, and reporting information relevant to strategic, operational, and transactional human resources goals; and
- Supporting continuous improvement of departmental service delivery and performance through targeted reviews, recommendations and initiatives.
The Diversity and Inclusion unit is responsible for:
- Oversees the development, evaluation and management of diversity and Inclusion strategies, initiatives and programs;
- Coordinates and supports the Indigenous Employees Advisory Committee (IEAC);
- Coordinates and supports the GNWT Advisory Committee and Employability (GACE); and
- Provides strategic advice, consultation and support to Department relating to their diversity and inclusion goals.
The Job Evaluation and Organizational Development unit is responsible for:
- coordinating the evaluation of GNWT positions through implementation of the Hay Job Evaluation System;
- providing training on the job evaluation system;
- creating of job descriptions;
- maintaining GNWT organization charts; and
- supporting management on organizational development.
The Employee Development and Workforce Planning unit is responsible for:
- managing the development and implementation of government-wide human resource management programs;
- providing specialized recruitment advice; and
- planning and implementation of specialized recruitment programs, strategies and initiatives.